B'SYS - CRO
Our collaboration partner B'SYS is offering Services on Nanion's Instruments
B'SYS GmbH is a leading European Ion Channel CRO and has a comprehensive library of validated human ion channel expressing cell lines. With its team of experienced electrophysiologists and facilities in Switzerland, B’SYS serves the needs of pharmaceutical and biotech customers worldwide. Since 2003 B’SYS successfully works together with suppliers of automated patch clamp- and MEA recording platforms and customers to speed the drug-development process and thus, to save time and money on the way to better and safer drugs.
B’SYS services include:
- CiPA compliant testing of ion channels and action potential studies on iPS-derived cardiomyocytes on Nanion's CardioExcyte 96
- Automated patch clamping on 3 automated patch clamp setups
- Manual patch clamping on 9 manual patch clamp rigs, 5 of which equipped with LGIC-rapid solution management/gating
- Fluorescence screening including FlexStation™ and Cellomics Array Scan™ Screening
- GLP compliant studies
- Ion channel cell lines (CNS and cardiac safety), validated for manual and automated patch-clamping on Nanion’s platforms
Ion channel testing and service offering:
BSYS validates the function, and pharmacology of each cell line using conventional and automated methods, and arranges them into ion channel panels. B’SYS uses its catalog for primary and secondary screening of drug targets during drug discovery and development. In addition, B’SYS licenses ion channel cell lines and pertaining reagents to assist customers with in discovery and profiling. With its highly qualified and flexible team B’SYS operates from laboratories located in Witterswil, Switzerland.
B’SYS is an independent and privately owned company and is free from conflicts of interest regarding public funding.
Statement about the CardioExcyte 96 from Dr. Daniel Konrad, CEO of B'SYS:
"Impedance and field potential data of beating cardiomyocytes is getting increasingly important to obtain a comprehensive view of the cardiac liability of test compounds. To answer these questions for our clients, B’SYS successfully implemented the CardioExcyte 96 system and provides related validated services to its customers, mostly using ipS derived cardiomyocytes. B’SYS’ scientists are pleased with the CardioExcyte’s ease of operation and data acquisition. The powerful software allows for applying meaningful data analysis and time saving export of data as needed for our daily customer reports."