The Vesicle Prep Pro is the first product on the market for automated preparation of solvent-free giant unilamellar vesicles (GUVs). The GUVs are formed by means of electro-swelling. The benefits the Vesicle Prep Pro offers include:
- GUVs of homogeneous size (1 - 30 μm in diameter)
- Temperature control
- Adjustable parameters (temperature; current amplitude; frequency)
- Variety of lipids can be used
- Ideal for bilayer recordings and protein measurements
- Stable and reproducible GUVs
- Reusable ITO slides
The Vesicle Prep Pro has been designed to keep the preparation process simple. This ensures stable and reproducible results.
The chamber in which the GUVs are made is formed by ITO-coated glass cover slides so that vesicle formation can be monitored using a microscope.
Integrated features, including flexible protocol design and temperature control, allow generation of GUVs from a wide variety of lipids, e.g. lipids with high charge or high phase transition temperatures.
GUVs prepared with the Vesicle Prep Pro have proven ideal for investigations of biophysical properties of e.g. electrogenic transmembrane proteins, lipid raft formation, and protein-DNA interactions.
For detailed information:
VesicleControl: Software for the Vesicle Prep Pro device
Using VesicleControl, complex protocols for the Vesicle Prep Pro can be defined and visually inspected. Control of parameters such as voltage amplitude, frequency, temperature and time allow very flexible protocol design for the production of homogeneously-sized vesicles. In particular, due to the control over the temperature, it is possible to generate vesicles of homogeneous lipid distribution using lipids with different phase transition temperatures.
Buffers and Solutions
Buffers and Solutions for the Vesicle Prep Pro
The buffers and solutions for the Vesicle Prep Pro are produced by Nanion and an external partner, quality-assured in-house at Nanion headquarters and shipped from Munich to our international customers.
Available buffers and solutions
- "Vesicle Prep Pro GUV Kit": 5 vials x 500 µL GUVs, 13x 100 mM HCl, 9x 1 mL Sorbitol, 1 mM EGTA, 2 mM HEPES (pH 7.0 KOH); 13x 200 mM KCl, 10 mM HEPES (pH 7.0 KOH); 14x 200 mM KCl, 10 mM Hepes (pH 4.0 KOH), 13x 200 mM NaCl, 10 mM Hepes (pH 7.0 NaOH); 14 x 200 mM NaCl, 10 mM Hepes (pH 4.0 NaOH) (Order # 051003)
Testimonials & Case Studies
Data and Applications