Orbit 16 TC - Taking the Pain out of Painting
Nanion's Orbit 16 TC platform takes the pain out of bilayer painting and subsequent recordings as it enables fast and successful data generation thanks to the rapid automated formation of 16 bilayers at once and their subsequent fully parallel recording. The benefits the Orbit 16 TC offers include:
- Automated formation of 16 artificial lipid bilayers at the push of a button
- Fully parallel low noise, high bandwidth recordings
- Substantial data generation due to 16 simultaneous recordings
- Automated temperature control
- Temperature range freely definable between 5-50°C
- Dedicated comprehensive recording software included
- Target molecules can be introduced directly or by fusion of (proteo-)liposomes
- Ion channels: voltage and ligand gated, temperature sensitive
- Nanopores, antimicrobial peptides, toxins and many more...
- Cost-efficient experiments with disposable MECA 16 TC chips
The Orbit 16 TC is equipped with a dedicated low-noise 16 channel amplifier (Elements S.R.L.) enabling the convenient fully parallel recording of 16 bilayers at highest bandwidths and supreme signal to noise ratios.
The Orbit 16 TC bilayer platform
An Orbit 16 TC setup consists of the main recording station, an integrated Elements e16n bilayer amplifier, a temperature control system and a dedicated workstation.
For detailed information:
Orbit 16 TC EDR4 Software
The intuative and easy to learn EDR4 software for the Orbit 16 TC was developed by our partner Elements S.R.L.(Italy). Further detailed information can be found at https://elements-ic.com/
MECA 16 TC chips
The MECA 16 TC recording substrate contains an array of 16 circular microcavities in a highly inert polymer. Each cavity contains an individual integrated Ag/AgCl-microelectrode. The bilayer is automatically formed by remotely actuated painting (Ionera1-SPREAD), thus roofing the liquid-filled cavity. The bilayers can be easily and repeatedly zapped and re-formed in an automated fashion. After bilayer formation, ion channels or nanopores are reconstituted via self-insertion, proteoliposome fusion or dilution from detergent micelles.
The MECA 16 TC recording chips are produced and quality assured by our partner Ionera Technologies GmbH in Freiburg Germany and shipped from Munich to our international customers. Different types of MECA 16 chips will be available depending on the sample.
Available chip types
- "MECA 16 TC Recording Chips 100 µm": 16-well recording chip with 100 µm cavity size (Order # 131013)
Testimonials & Case Studies
Data and Applications
Webinars and Movies
Movies: Oral Presentations and Tutorials