Port-a-Patch mini - Patch more. Pay less.
With the Port-a-Patch mini, the world´s smallest patch clamp rig just got even smaller. Built on the success of the Port-a-Patch we miniaturized the patch clamp system even further by integrating the amplifier into the system. Supporting giga-seal recordings from one cell at a time the Port-a-Patch mini offers fast and easy access to high quality patch clamp data with only minimal training. Not only a powerful research tool but also ideal for educational purposes and quick tests of cells and ion channels. The benefits the Port-a-Patch mini include:
- Small and affordable complete patch clamp rig
- Test cells and compounds with the minimum of effort
- Amplifier integrated
- No patch clamp experience necessary
- Ideal for teaching
- Voltage & current clamp
- Whole-cell & perforated patch clamp
- Chips produced in-house, various resistances available (customizable on request)
- Manual and unlimited compound applications
- High success rates with cell lines; use of primary cells and stem cells also possible
- Easy to use, minimal training required
Using the Port-a-Patch mini is straightforward and easy – the user simply adds solutions and cells onto the disposable recording chip, where a cell is automatically captured and sealed by suction using a computer controlled pump.
The Port-a-Patch mini system is comprised of the Port-a-Patch mini recording unit with built-in amplifier, a Suction Control unit, and a computer. That’s all.
For detailed information:
PatchContol mini: the intuitive Software of the Port-a-Patch mini
The PatchControl mini is a software based on the well-known PatchControl software of the Port-a-Patch and optimized for the Port-a-Patch mini allowing the easiest way to perform your sealing procedure. Equipped with a set of pre-written protocols fitting most user scenarios to obtain a fully automated procedure to rech whole cell configuration, the protocols can also be altered, allowing the entire procedure for cell capture, sealing and obtaining the whole cell configuration to be completely customizable. However, because we know that sometimes you just want to control things yourself, the protocols can be interrupted at any time and the suction controlled manually.
Through innovative communication with the electrophysiology software WinWCP, PatchControl mini can read out important parameters like membrane resistance, whole cell capacitance and series resistance and uses those to perform the pre-programmed automated steps accordingly. Suction strength and duration, voltage and membrane criteria can be set and altered to obtain the optimum parameters for cells routinely used in your lab.
The PatchControl mini software is there to make your patch clamp life easier, from automated cell capture to automated pressure control, the PatchControl mini software can do it all!
The NPC-1 chip is a proprietary innovative product by Nanion Technologies, developed for the Port-a-Patch. It is produced and quality-assured in-house at Nanion headquarters and shipped from Munich to our international customers. Different types of NPC-1 chips are available which should be chosen depending on cell size and application.
MaterialThe core structure of the NPC-1 chip is a planar borosilicate glass slide with its micron-sized patch aperture. This structure is incorporated into a screw cap for easy handling and minimal cycle times between experiments. Additionally, the unique design of the NPC-1 chip gives similar access to the external and internal solution. Continuous perfusion of the internal solution has finally become possible.
Available chip types
- "NPC-1, 1-2 MOhm": (Order # 061101)
- "NPC-1, 2-3.5 MOhm": (Order # 061102)
- "NPC-1, 3-5 MOhm": (Order # 061103)
- "NPC-1, 5-10 MOhm": (Order # 061104)
- "NPC-1, 8-12 MOhm": (Order # 061105)
- "NPC-1, 10-15 MOhm": (Order # 061106)
Other sizes are available upon request!
Buffers and Solutions for the Port-a-Patch mini
Reliable buffer solutions are critical for any electrophysiological application. Our goal, therefore, is to provide high-class recording solutions that leave you in no doubt about quality and stability. Our quality assurance includes chemical tests as well as tests on our patch clamp systems of each lot. Our buffers are shipped with the corresponding "Certificates of Analysis" and "Material Safety Data Sheets" (MSDS).
Available buffers and solutions
- "External Standard", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3001)
- "External Standard Ca 10", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3012)
- "External NMDG 60", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3004)
- "External Ca 35", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3009)
- "External NMDG 60 Ca 10", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3011)
- "Internal CsF 60", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3005)
- "Internal CsF 110", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3008)
- "Internal KF 60", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3006)
- "Internal KF 110", 500 mL: (Order # 08 3007)
- "Reagent Kit Port-a-Patch Standard", Cryo box with 81 vials, incuding 27x External standard, 18x External Ca 35, 18x Internal KF 60, 18x Internal CsF 60 (Order # 08 1001)
Data and Applications
Testimonials & Case Studies
Webinars and Movies