Currently open positions:
1. Nanion Technologies, Inc. Livingston, USA
Nanion Technologies is a rapidly growing instrumentation company offering automated ion channel screening workstations serving industry and academic research institutions. To support the increasing demand of Nanion’s products, and to provide premium customer service, Nanion is expanding the team in the US. Nanion is currently looking for an Application Scientist to join the US branch, located in Livingston, New Jersey.
The successful candidate will contribute to Marketing and Customer Support activities.
The position will include:
- Product demonstrations
- Trade-show participation
Experience in electrophysiology is a must, with a preference for having worked with compound profiling against ion channel targets using automated patch clamp instrumentation.
We offer a competitive compensation package, thrilling technology platforms, and the opportunity to contribute to a young dynamic team.
Profile and Requirements:
- The applicant should have a MS or PhD in electrophysiology/biophysics, neuroscience,biochemistry or related field.
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience in ion channel electrophysiology (voltage-clamp/patch-clamp), electrical recordings of reconstituted membrane proteins in bilayer lipid membranes, membrane biophysics (experience with synthetic lipid membranes) or nanopore-based single-moleculemeasurements.
- Experience using conventional bilayer recording systems (Warner, Axonor HEKA amplifiers) is highly desired.
- Other skills beneficial to this position include knowledge in cell culture techniques, assay development, as well as experience in technical support and customer interaction.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, oral presentation/public speaking & organizational skills are required. Language skills required: English, fluent in speech and writing.
- The applicant should have excellent ability to work independently with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.The successful applicant must have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multiculturaland team-oriented environment. In addition, the applicant must be enthusiastic towards customer success and comfortable with troubleshooting cell based assays.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel (35% overnight) for marketing, customer support and installations within the US and Canada.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Candidates must be authorized to be employed in the US.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to George.Okeyo@naniontech.com
As an expanding company we are always interested in hearing from skilled and creative people to join our team.
Please contact us for further information or send us a short CV (email@example.com)