16.10.2019: Meet András Horváth - Employee Interview
1) Tell us your story- how did your path lead you to Nanion Technologies?
Let’s take it back to 2010, I was studying at the University of Szeged in Hungary and the University happened to be a Nanion customer. At that particular time, I found the company’s instruments really cool and interesting :D
Then in 2014, I moved to Hamburg to further my studies where my main focus was working with iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes. It was whilst attending Nanion’s 2015 User Meeting in Munich that I really got to interact with some of the company’s staff. One thing led to another because in 2018, while I was just about to complete my PhD, I saw a cardiac-project job opening that fit to my profile perfectly. I applied and guess what? - I’ve been a little over a year here.
" I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times " - Bruce Lee.
After 8 years of hard training András has a red belt title in kickboxing, the last step before he earns the master title! András also enjoys 'Vitamin Sea', which he gets from scuba-diving that is commonly known as snorkeling.
2) Knowing what you know now, what 3 pieces of advice would you give your 21-year-old self?
- Are you a student? Then I would encourage you to apply for as many scholarships as you can get!
- Learn to give it your all.
- And … lastly- believe in yourself no matter what other people say.
3) One Last Question- what’s the coolest thing about your job?
It would have to be being involved in creating innovative products and that the word impossible is not really an option. Additionally, the projects are very exciting, I get to do research whilst working in a motivated and friendly atmosphere! The environment here suits me very well.