11.02.2020: Call for Proposals - Nanion FLEXcyte Research Grant Application
Apply for the FLEXcyte 96 Research Grant until 30th of June 2020
Analyze the contractility of your human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes or other contractile cells in vitro: The FLEXcyte 96 technology utilizes a disposable unique 96-well plate with incorporated 10 µm polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) membranes (FLX-96 plates): The cells adhere as monolayers on the flexible substrate. This unique technology allows for recordings in a native-like environment.
Principle: The contractility is measured via movement of the utilized PDMS membranes: While being deflected by the weight of the culture medium, rhythmic contraction of the contractile cells (e.g. cardiomyocytes) lift the membranes in the 96-well upwards. By measuring the changes in deflection, the mechanical stress can be calculated.
Find out more about the FLEXcyte 96 System here.
Nanion Technologies GmbH will provide a complete instrument for a 6-month project and an intense training on the method and innoVitro GmbH will provide a bundle of consumables. Furthermore, Nanion and innoVitro scientists will support the project intensely.
Projects considered for sponsorship are the development of a new FLEXcyte-based assays or a scientific question concerning structural and functional contractility recordings in cardiotoxicity, safety and efficacy screening and basic research.
Title: Nanion Technologies GmbH, Grant Application “New assays for contractile cells”
By submitting the Application, you agree on the following rules:
- All entries must be submitted until the 30th of June 2020
- The declared winning Applicant of the Nanion Research Grant agrees to report work product, data or results from the research proposal described in the Nanion Research Grant Application.
- If the winning Applicant plans to publicly present or publish the work product, data and results of the research proposal described in the Application, the winning Applicant is required to inform Nanion Technologies GmbH prioto such publication or presentation.
- Nanion Technologies GmbH reserves the right to utilize the data derived from the of the winning Application for exhibition, promotion and marketing purposes in any medium.
Grant Committee and selection process:
- The Grant committee comprises the FLEXcyte 96 Technology specialists from Nanion Technologies, Inc. (Dr. Ronald Knox), Nanion Technologies GmbH Germany (Dr. Sonja Stölzle-Feix) and innoVitro GmbH (Dr. Matthias Gossmann).
- The Grant Committee will determine the winning recipient based on (i) the best in-depth, novel application demonstrated with the FLEXcyte instrument; (ii) scientific merit of the application.
- The decision of the Grant Committee is subjective, at the Sponsor's sole discretion and will be final and cannot be appealed.
Award Notification and Award:
- The winning application will receive a FLEXcyte 96 System, 10 x 96-well consumables, a training during the installation and consultation up to 6 months.
- The winner may be posted by Nanion Technologies and innoVitro GmbH in social media channels and on the webpage.
- This Promotion is sponsored by Nanion Technologies GmbH, Ganghoferstraße 70a, 80339 Munich, Germany and innoVitro GmbH, Artilleriestraße 2, 52428 Jülich, Germany.
- Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.