10.07.2020: Port-a-Patch Stories - University of Rostock
Port-a-Patch - World's smallest patch clamp rig
University of Rostock investigating the effects of compounds on ion channels in cells.
The Port-a-Patch is a miniaturized patch clamp system supporting giga-seal recordings from one cell at a time. It offers fast and easy access to high quality patch clamp data with only minimal training. Not only a powerful research tool but also ideal for educational purposes and quick tests of cells and ion channels.
- External & internal perfusion
- Temperature control
- Voltage & current clamp
- Whole-cell & perforated patch clamp
- Chips produced in-house, various resistances available (customizable on request)
- Rseries compensation
- Unlimited compound applications
- Voltage and ligand-gated ion channels
- High success rates with cell lines; use of primary cells and stem cells also possible
- Easy to use, minimal training required
- Adjustment of parameters during experiments for fast and efficient assay development