18.02.2020: We're Hiring! Join our Global Company (Multiple Positions Available)
Nanion is currently looking for a Field Service Engineer (FSE) responsible for technical support and service to join the Service department at Nanion Headquarters, located in Munich, Germany.
If you’re looking to work in a dynamic, fast-paced workplace then Nanion Technologies is the place for you!
At Nanion, we don’t just accept diversity — we embrace, celebrate and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Nanion Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet some of the team, from Dr. Ceci George our HQ Sales Manager SURFE2R / Senior Scientist to Dr. Igor Pugliesi our Software Engineer.
Field Service Engineer (FSE)
Under guidance of the Service Manager, the candidate will be responsible for responding to technical calls including periodic maintenance, service calls and support, new installations and troubleshooting at customer sites, as well as, in the Nanion office/lab. This includes being in responsible for coordinating and scheduling all technical visits, remote support in collaboration with the whole Scientific team at Nanion and the Service Manager.
The successful candidate is able to work independently, have a strong and relevant technical troubleshooting background, able to maintain a close professional relationship with customers and to be detail-oriented.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support/Customer contact: Being the customer’s primary support and service contact for all incoming technical requests (Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatics and Micro fluidics).
- On-site work: Work independently while performing installations, Preventative Maintenance, on-site service and troubleshooting.
- When not traveling: Work closely with Product orientated teams to assist in developing, testing and validating updated SW and HW, and help to maintain the fleet of in-house instruments and systems.
- Asset Management: Provide detailed reports and analysis of visits including suggestive actions and improvements, and make sure that all relevant information is documented and maintained in our support and Asset Management platform.
- Forecast, plan and schedule contracted activities: Track and insure that all service is performed within specific contractual SLA.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Prior field service experience of 2+ years is required. Experience from the life science fields is a plus. BS or MS in Engineering preferred.
- Language skills required: German and English, fluent in speech and writing. The applicant should have excellent ability to work independently documented customer experience with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The successful applicant must have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel around the territory 35-75% of the time, with occasional travel outside the area, covering mainly Europe and occasional travel to South East Asia (EU and SEA).
- Knowledge of Automated Patch Clamp and liquid handling platforms/robotics are a huge plus.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the Germany.
To Apply: Please send your Cover Letter and CV to
Application deadline: As soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your applications!
We currently have different job positions in the USA, China and Germany.
Take a look at our Career Page to find out more detailed information on the different positions.